Saturday, March 15, 2014

Wonderful Beautiful Day-Spring CADB

Hi you all and welcome to my blog, today I'm the designer over at Card A Day Blog and the theme this week is spring! And was excited to see some pop of spring this week, I'll show you that at the end of the post :)
I saw a sketch this week that I knew I would be using to make my card today, I used Jen's Deconstructed Sketch, DS142, for the layout of the card. I also used my March counterfeit kit for the card. Most of it came from the CTMH Buzz and Bumble workshop on the go paper pack, but the retro flower, also was cut from 2 pieces of SU the birch and the brown wood-grain papers.
The stamp was included in the workshop and so was the rhinestones.  I used CTMH cocoa ink for the sentiment stamp.
 The flower is a cameo cut file: Design ID #7502 called 3 nesting retro flowers by Samantha Walker
Loved the layering of this sketch and I will be sending this to a friend that has been going through alot lately, hoping to cheer her up just a bit.

Thanks for stopping by today and did you get out enjoy the sunshine this past week?

 Tuesday was crocus day the first we seen them in their glory
 Wednesday was the first I got out for a walk with Buddy through the park as we call it (the old abandon railroad bank that is next to our property), the walk is what we do nightly starting in the spring when it's warm enough to get out (at least for me) and continue all through till late fall early winter.

3 comments:

  1. Tina, quite a fab card with all the layering & different elements. Wonderful colors you chose to highlight the retro flower and am loving the way you combined the different dp's to create this card. It's sure to cheer up your friend. Thanks for sharing the flower & walk pictures too. Nice to see Spring beginning to arrive around the world. TFS, Hugs & Happy Wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Really like the hint of a pattern on the flower. The different patterns work well, love all the layering. Appreciate the pic, we're still buried under snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great sketch and a wonderful card made out of it! I'm always on the lookout for card sketches so I might just pin this one!

    ReplyDelete