Friday, October 19, 2012

A Scandinavian Christmas Card


Hi and welcome to my blog.
Today I'm the designer over at Card A Day Blog and the theme this week is Christmas around the world.  I chose a Scandinavian theme for my card cause the designs are so beautiful.

 This card shows that style of design. Scandinavian Folk Art is Bold colors, simple designs, repetitive patterns, flourishes, symmetry, flowers, birds. This card was made from that basis. The main design comes from the cricut cartridge Scandinavian Christmas Cards. This Cartridge shows off the beauty of  Scandinavian Folk Art.
I cut out all my pieces from my scrap box, found this larger scrap for the background and used red cardstock for the my card base. The design was pretty easy to put together about 15-20 minutes. Cut the base attached the sparkly trim (used for a border) to 5.75" and attached to the cardbase. Got out my dazzles and found the Peace sentiment and the holly leaves and applied that to the background piece. Added Viva pearls-Gold and red stickles for the star shape. Well my Christmas cardmaking for this year has officially started. Check back often to see the other cards I will be creating.
If you noticed on the card the way the pearls turned out, this was the first time I used this product I like the really sky point on it, gives great control, but I wasn't ready for how fast it comes out. But after doing the J the rest of the pearls turned out pretty good.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing the view for my corner of the room.......
Stop back in on Monday for another card from the Creative Cutting Challenge and watch this weekend for a couple other surprises.

4 comments: