Sunday, September 27, 2015

LM #261 - SKETCH CHALLENGE/liquid glass"Sitting Around the Campfire"

Good morning :) Today is the day for the new Lasting Memories challenge and it's All about the sketch, liquid glass and campfire theme this week! Easy Peasy right? Oh and the new month's Theme: "Hot, Hot, Hot" w/weekly products! It's gonna be a fun month to scrap :)  I looked over some summer photos to print off WITH the theme of "Sitting Around the Campfire" (the theme of this challenge) and I found some fun photos to finish off a fun day we had. We decided to have hot dogs cooked over the open fire :) I also used these pictures during the #IspyPI summer photo scavenger hunt for one of the words they provided HOT so I guess it fits well for this theme project.
I don't do to many foodie layouts so this was fun to do, just an emphasis on a fun thing we do in the summertime that we really enjoy :) I used the same piece of pattern paper twice with the main one and used the other side for the huge circle in the layout. I added Heidi Swapp Gold color shine splatters to the upper corner of the layout to give it something a bit extra. The sketch:

I had fun using paper from last month's Counterfeit kit Master Forger contest and paper from this month's kit plus a couple of the project life cards from this month's kit too. I used the liquid glass on a circle cut out from a paper that was in this month's kit.
I wanted it to look like a ring of fire and added gold glitter to it before it dried. No matter how I took the picture the center words were not coming out readable but it says full of life.
 One nice thing about the Project Life cards the word cards can be a lot of fun to add to a layout. The Enjoy Life became my title and the These are the days fit well where the extra block was in the sketch. I added the orange enamel dots, the large one covers a bit of an empty space that was there (something I learned in May Flaum's classes.
The journaling of the moment :)
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out what my DT sisters have done too, lots of inspiration for the use of liquid glass. I look forward to seeing what you all create and link up this month :)



7 comments:

  1. This is really great Tina. I love the sketch and your pictures. I've never used liquid gold but sure looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do food pics much either. You did a great job with the sketch and the theme. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to use up some of those PL cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cohesive use of various size circles - nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page! Your design is fabulous and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning! Wow! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete