Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bon Voyage - Lasting Memories Layout Challenge

Good Morning and welcome :) It's a new week over at Lasting Memories and a new challenge. This month were having fun with June Holiday Insights and for today, June 4th is "Old Maid's Day" a day to bring awareness to those of us who have not yet found (and caught) our soul mate. We are to do a layout about a single in your life or even when you were/are single.
This is another page to my Cruise Album:
 My Mom and I went on a Cruise, I was divorced and single at the time (old maid :) have not yet found my soulmate and I wouldn't find him for 7 more years yet. This was when we got off the plain and boarded the ship at San Juan. So cool that Mom had kept so much from that trip and it was good to use the memorabilia on the layout
 The left side of the layout has my journaling, a picture of me and my Mom, a picture of the ship that Mom took, love that I can add her own writing from the back of the picture to the layout :) and a postcard I found of San Juan.
 The Right side of the layout holds some of the memorabilia that I found: our Itinerary (a big help for the other days knowing where we were when I scrap them) Our tickets, and a newsleter that we got each day from the ship. So cool to add to the layouts
 A close up of the journaling and the picture of Me and my Mom :)
This layout was created for LOAD217 was Greek Mythology Day3 prompt:
DAY 3: Prometheus
Which moment would you choose to relive again?

Who wouldn't want to relive a cruise to the Virgin Islands. My Mom and I went on a cruise twice together. This one was in 1985 (I was 23) This was my 1st cruise. A fantastic week that I still have memories of it till this day, they are fading but most are still there. My Mom and I were both coming from dark places in our lives my father passing away a couple years before and in that same year that Dad passed away I walked out of a very bad marriage. This was a time when we went from Mother/Daughter to Best Friends.So this cruise was perfect time to getaway. Any time with Mom is a good time to Relive again.

Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing you play along with us :) Some old story you would like to tell, how about a girls night out or maybe a daughter or grand daughter that you could tell about in a layout.......

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tina, what a beautiful layout!! I love that your mother and you went on a cruise. I've never been on a cruise, not sure I would ever go on one (I would surely be on a "Titanic", but looks like your mother and you had a great time and that it came at a time in life where you both needed it! I love that you got a lot of the stuff for your layout from your mother, good thing she saved it!! I also love that you were able to have your mother's handwriting in this layout as well, so many special moments and trinkets in this layout! How fun to spend time with your mother again by reliving this cruise as you scrapped it!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete