Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father layout for a Lasting Memories Scrapbook challenge

Good Morning :) Happy Sunday to you and today is a new challenge week over at Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge blog:
Our challenges for this month are all about June holidays, and today we are celebrating the fact that the first day of summer is this week!
LM #349 - June 20 is the Summer Solstice (the longest day of the year). For this challenge use something long on your layout - like a border - or make a summer layout.
I chose a long border and a June Holiday perfect for Father's Day:
Brad our youngest Father in the family at the moment with his boys Father's Day last year. Cool picture of him and the boys and so glad to have memories like this scrapped of how our family grows through time.  I created this layout not only for this challenge but 3 other challenges too :) I planned to do a layout a day in June as I did in May, but seem to have slacked off a bit on the weekends and not creating as many layouts as I planned, but still crafting with making cards. My plan was to use the Whimsical Musings for my prompts each day this month and I did accomplish a few of them. 1st challenge that started this layout was a challenge over at Whimsical Musings
 
So all my colors for the layout came from this color scheme, and my current counterfeit kit Sweet Summertime fit this perfect :) 
The next challenge was a sketch challenge over at  The Scraproom Blog
and I used their June Jump Start Sketch:

 A really fun sketch too :) I want to keep this around cause it would also be great for a pocket layout if I ever need to add any brochures for a layout.
The 3rd challenge is with the yahoo group Scrappin N Chattin: Father’s Day—include a photo of a father and child on your layout
 I used a project life card for my journaling :) I've been having fun lately trying to add project life cards to my layouts. The cording element I had gotten that idea from DT member of the The Scraproom Blog: Tina Gale for her Freaky Fast layout she did.
 The photo of Brad with Zachary and Tristan :)
The bottom cluster I made for the layout. Lots of things used on this layout from my current kit :) Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing you creation for this week's Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge :) There are 5 challenges this month so 5 chances at that fun prize offered over a Lasting Memories 




1 comment:

  1. Great layout and take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at The ScrapRoom!

    ReplyDelete