Monday, August 6, 2012

A Little Foil goes a Long Way

Hi all and welcome to my blog and if you came over from Card A Day Blog welcome too. I'm the designer today and the theme is embossing. Now embossing can be done a variety of ways and with a variety of means.
Aluminum foil can give a fantastic look to an embossed card. This one was embossed with the cuttlebug folders paisley (foil) swiss dots (blue scallop border) and daisy (the lighter blue).

To emboss aluminum foil, for best results, you need to use heavy duty foil and a piece big enough to fold in half twice for 4 layers. Run it through the cuttlebug just as you would any other card stock, trim the edges to make even and clean, that's it. this card was so simple to put together. Just the foil and a few borders, the swiss dots was punched with a fiskars edge punch and the white border is a piece of ribbon. The bling is form a pack of dimensional stickers for Jolee's, blue mini flowers.
Now this one is ready to go just need to add a sentiment, could be used for a birthday card or a winter card. I enjoyed making the card and a tip for you, if you have a day and you don't know what you want to do, get out your embossing machine and run some scraps in folders through the embosser to have pieces on hand and give the foil a try too. If you have the pieces prepared it's just a matter of putting them together to get a fantastic card in very little time.

Have a fantastic day, I know I will, ahhhh vacation.....


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and great tip about layering the foil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Hanks for reminding me to use foil in my Sizzix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for the tip of multiple layers.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just stopping by and glad I did! Beautiful card... I have played with Aluminum foil and it is great with cards!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete