Monday, August 27, 2012

Just to say

Hi all and welcome
It is Faith week over at Card A Day Blog and today I'm the designer. My card was very easy to make and with the items already on hand really made it easy.
I started actually with the sentiment, which I came across in the book: Just the Right Words. Sometimes when I'm stumped for a card I investigate the books or magazines I have on hand for a bit of help. This one created the whole outlook of the card.
I seen on a facebook group today a tag that was printed and found out from the girl how she did it. She said to do a word document with the writing in the size you want and print it out.
Then pick your choice of what you want the print to go on (I have these (Stampin up) scallop punch Kraft paper ready in a drawer) use removable adhesive and put the piece to be printed over the computer print, wow it worked! I can see this coming in handy for a lot of things.
Then I chose the pieces that I wanted to use for the card. I knew that I had some stamped motorcycles in a drawer already stamped I got in a swap all I did was color it with Bic fine markers. The card base was a ready made one I found in another drawer (really trying to use up stuff I have on hand).
The swirls around the sentiment was cut from, I think, the Storybook cartridge that I cut out months ago for another card, that it didn't work on then. I thought this would add some nice dimension to the sentiment. The ribbon came from a roll and the background paper I got at Big Lots (cheap, wish I would have picked up another pack of the paper that day). So the background paper was embossed with a cuttlebug folder diamond plate.
This card is fantastic for a male taking a big step in life: Graduation or a new job, maybe in a new state.
This card took less that 2 hours to make cause I already had the items on hand, probably the longest part was deciding what to do for the theme. So if you have a few minutes take out some tools and stamp, or punch or even emboss those scraps and you next card will come together in a snap.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. Great sentiment, Tina. I've used that method for printing; love the way it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Tina! I love the background and the ribbon (you bargain Big Lots shopper you!).

    ReplyDelete