Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Zachary

Hi you all today is my Grandson's 4th Birthday and this is the card I made for him and rather quickly too it seems my mind was elsewhere this weekend and I didn't get to that project and a note from my husband yesterday morning sparked the memory.
I apologize for the lousy picture, I gave the card to my husband to sign and enveloped it up and realized I never took a picture so I popped it out of the envelope and took a quick snap and back in the envelope it went.
I used the blue pattern paper (opposite side than what was originally pictured) from my current counterfeit kit and the letters spelling out Zach was from the kit too. This is a silhouette store file: Design ID #17319 and if I had more time I would have played around with it a bit, but I thought it turned out okay :) I used some heavy kraft cardstock not sure where I got it or what company it's from, for behind the cut out of the train and the happy birthday. I use blue stickles and black stickles and added black flock to the stickles to give it a look of coal. 

We had a wonderful visit and he seemed to like the card, but the 20.00 in the card seemed to be better and I heard that will be used to got to Clyde Reptile Land, yep he is now into the reptiles and dinos :) 

Have a fantastic day you all and thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my little corner of the world :) 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure he loved it :D Will be fun to scrap the photos from Reptile Land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your card turned out Tina! I think the train is super cool. Yes, all the kids love the green stuff that is inside a card. lol Who wouldn't be?! Even I like the green stuff. lol Love the picture of the kids and I'm assuming your hubby. Tooo cute! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. Love the train and a great idea to use flock for coal.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and I remember my son's dinosaur days - they don't last nearly long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever design for a young man and I love the bright blue train & bet he did as well. The green stuff inside is always a bigger hit with youngsters (and oldsters too!). Brillant to use the black flock for the coal and loved the way you spelled out the name. Enjoyed the picture of your family also. Sweet picture. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete