Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Magical Birthday Card

Good Morning!
Thanks all for stopping by today to check out the card I made for my grandson's birthday this week. I worked on this card last night and was excited on how well it turned out, he's gonna enjoy it I think!
This was a really fun card once I started getting it put together. I figured out Saturday night that I wanted to use the stamp set Magic Adventures from Close to my Heart for his card, it's just a fun set. So I did a little searchin online to see what others are doing with this set and got a little inspiration for this card.
The making of the card started with stampin the image on white cardstock scraps with Tuxedo Black ink all the stamping was done with this ink (it's becoming one of my favorites). The card base is white cardstock, background paper is from the colorblock Arithmetic paper pack fussy cut to get the bottom border. The second paper came from my stash drawer. The coloring on the stamp was done with Sharpie markers.
I tried to make the fireworks that I seen here for inspiration out of SU Cherry Cobbler baker's twine and star brads from a studio basics 101 set with prongs taken off and attached with foam tape. The sentiment was from the same stamp set and punched out with SU-Extra large 2-3/8" scallop circle inked with brushed courduroy distressed ink and popped up with foam tape.
and yes you can see in the picture that the stamped image was attached with a CTMH-Adhesive spring (a generic wobble?)
 
Since I have been watching Mary from Cardz TV and seeing what she's been doing to the inside of her cards, I have been trying to do that too, just makes the card a little more personal. So the inside of the card includes the paper from the front, the sentiment from CTMH-Card Chatter-Birthday stamp set stamped on a scrap of white cardstock and doodle a bit on the corners. The included colored stamped image is from the Magic Adventures set too.
This card turned out really cool, been awhile since I was this excited on how a card turned out and I really went out of the box on this one. Want to praise God and thank him for giving me the creativeness I have.
Hey you all have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my little corner of the world.


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I love the twine works ;) I'm sure he will love it, who wouldn't!! And the kids face on the roller-coaster - priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute card and I am sure your grandson will love it! You did a fantastic job with this! Love the fireworks!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete