Monday, March 18, 2013

A New Dog that has A New Home-CC Challenge

Hi you all, hope you had a fantastic weekend. I'm here today with another Creative Cutting Challenge: Anything Goes:


I used the Dog Elements from Creative Pointe for couple of die cuts on my layout.
 Dog Elements - Click Image to Close
My layout came to be from this sketch:



Pet Scrapbook Page Idea and Free Scrapbook Page Sketch
This layout come to be from the first few pictures we took of Buddy when I brought him home. This was the first picture I took of Buddy in his new house, we kept him in the basement till we could get him and Jake acquainted (that is another layout coming on the blog soon). The journaling tells of the story of getting Buddy.
I used the die cuts to emphasize the title of the layout Dog for A New Dog and the House for A New Home for Buddy.










I think my smashin is carrying over to my layouts, startling to use more stickers, and adding more elements. Might be a good thing it might not.
The items used in the layout are:
Background paper and the brown cardstock is from the ki memories Playful Pets pad, black cardstock, and the borders are from scraps. the journaling and photo matting came from a pc of Staples cardstock. The A & N came from Animal House sticker page, 7 weeks came from Authentique petite type letters. I used a fiskars round punch on most of the pictures and matting and I used SU 2 3/8" scallop punch. Stickers came from Animal House diecut stickers and Sticko Family Dog pack and the metal index tab clip came from making memories-dog pack.

I just loved doing this layout and completing part of Buddy's life with us as I catch up with my scraping. This is Buddy today almost 8 years old:

Thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my little corner of the world.


4 comments:

  1. Awww...I'm partial to doggy layouts and just love this one Tina. Thanks for sharing a current photo of Buddy too...he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Tina what a cute dog and an adorable layout! I've been enjoying seeing your work lately. Very nice!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT layout - the die cuts & that sketch worked perfectly with your photos & story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww such a sweet page. The die cuts are a perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete