Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Once Upon A Time

Good Morning :) Wow halfway through the week already, February is just flying by :) This is the Layout from Day 9 of LOAD215, it was a Monday and the theme is Family Favorites. The prompt was: A fairy tale that has special meaning to you:
This has to be the quickest layout I've ever done :) 1 hour thank goodness for the sketch:
 
 I used the sketch at My Scraps & More Sketches this is sketch #99. This is also for Counterfeit Kit: Challenge #1: Invisibles and Clear Cuts: I used the one vellum piece in my kit on the layout to diffuse the floral background of the background paper.
  Halloween 1973 I dressed up as a princess. We went to Florida the past summer to Disney World and I guess that made an impact on me that year :) Even got to wear eyeshadow that was a big deal!
 I used mainly the papers from the DCWV The Gilded Paper stack, but pulled in this 6X6 crown paper I got in a swap, also some leftover paper from the wedding layout I did earlier in the month. I used a sticker from the Brenda Walton; Chloe Die-cut Alphabet (has a variety of scattered words and art on the sheet too)
 A chance to bling up the layout with this theme :) I added a recollections Boutique Fleur silver rhinestone embellishment and the gold rhinestones scattered about came from the gold jewel border. AC Taffy thickers and the EK Success silver glitter alphas for the title. 
Brought in the pink journaling block from the current kit to balance out the pin on the page.
This was such a fun layout to do and so glad I found that picture :) I'm not sure how the dress came about, but I do remember making that crown :) Snow White was my favorite Princess at that time :)

12 comments:

  1. What a fun layout Tina! I love the papers you have used on this one! You are so cute in your picture. Isn't it fun finding old pictures of yourself?!! I don't have many, but I love the ones I do have just to see how different times have change us. lol Not always for the better for me! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your picture and the story!! What a fabulous memory to scrap!! Your mix of papers is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina this is a lovely layout! Really love the sketch you used... your papers and colors are gorgeous together, love that they are neutrals and earthy....it makes your princess costume really stand out...and you looked adorable! but sheesh, let's see.. 1973... that was one year before I was born :)
    Love the layout my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous layout, lovely colours, fab sketch and fabulous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the row of banners on this. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The large banner with the crowns is a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page! Love your papers! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch. Love the bling. Thanks for playing along at My Scraps & More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty layout, great take on the sketch. Thank for playing along with us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete