Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thank You Holiday Style



Welcome to another theme from Card A Day Blog. Today I'm the designer over at the blog and the theme this week is Holiday Thank You. The card I made for today was easy to do and during this time of year easy is good! The card will be given to my brother and his wife for they are hosting Christmas Eve this year in their new house.
I searched today during lunch on google images trying to find some inspiration for this theme and I came across this card from Simple Stories and thought this would be a quick and easy card to make for a Thank You card.
Merry merry christmas Donna Jannuzzi 1
Isn't this just a really fun card with so many different elements. So on my card I took the thought of a border print (to save time) for the 3 pieces that make up the border background on this card. I used 3 snowflakes in the upper left-hand corner similar to what they have here with the buttons and the snowflake. Then I took the sentiment location and made it similar on my card.

Mine has similarities but not quite the same which adds just a different twist on a card lift. I want to thank simple stories blog for providing such inspiration for me to use.
Pieces I used to make the card:
The card base came out of a prepackaged card/envelope kit (easy way to have cards on hand). Decorated with the elements you see here, paper came from DCWV 180 Christmas Stack pack, Glitter tape border form American crafts, the 2 snowflake brads is from recollections and the middle snowflake came from K&Company die-cut sticker pack, the tag came from my stash and the sentiment came from a dazzles pack of writing I had on hand. One of thee quickest cards I think I ever put together too less than an hour to do and looks fantastic.
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.....

2 comments: