Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Game Night-Chess Layout

Good Morning you all and welcome April, you won't find an April's fool joke here, but it is the 1st of the month and that means a new Counterfeit Kit to put together over the next couple of days. But I did get this layout done last night with March's kit:
Tammy, our daughter's house the dining room has a color to it that causes this orange tint to the pictures when I take a picture in that room, for the past 2 years since it was painted. So I have come to embrace the fact that this is what the pictures will look like no matter what I tried to do.
 This was made specifically in mind for Stash A Thon's challenge #12-Games, to use games pieces and when I seen the challenge I knew exactly what I was going to scrap, and a good thing that Simple Scrapper (membership sketches) came out with a new set of sketches yesterday for April that helped me with the set up of this layout
 The background of the layout and the 2nd backgound are 2 pieces of the same pattern paper SU-Well Worn they are just opposite sides of each other and are perfect for the masculine layout. The lettering I drew in the blue from the background paper and the red from the 2nd background paper.
 The Chess board and chess pieces were cut from my cameo from the silhouette store: Design ID #9933 and the journal block came from Recollections Creative chaos series: Fill in the Story (I keep forgetting I have these pads till I move them to look for something else and with the recent class I'm taking I'm trying to stay on top of my journal/PL core cards to use in layouts.
I love seeing the grandkids interact with my hubby and Brandon and Dave enjoy each other's company too. If you take an upclose look at the game piece last night I decide to use glossy accents to give the pieces a bit more life, but I noticed these 2 had bubbles in it. If you have any idea what the cause of this is I would love a comment knowing why, would like to not have it happen again if possible.
Well you thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic April Fools Day :) Stop back tomorrow for a card for Card A Day blog. Till then .....

I have entered this into these challenges:
Stash A Thon Challenge #12-Games use game pieces or cards -Chess board and chess pieces

6 comments:

  1. Great page and you did an awesome job with the game piece challenge! Thank you for sharing with Scrap out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cool layout Tina! While I do not know how to play chess, the game itself intrigues me lol. I think you did an awesome job with this layout and I think its great that you have pictures of a great fun game night!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love your cameo! sometimes you have to pin prick the glossy accents to make sure there's no bubbles, but perfection is overrated so it looks good to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I wasn't sure if this is a normal thing, but I guess others have problems with it too. will keep a pin by me now, but glad to know that it's okay when it happens :)

      Delete
  4. Love this layout Tina! Looks like your guys were in deep concentration! lol I used to play chess as a teen but now I couldn't tell you how to play as I don't remember. I do know it was fun. Have your tried a different setting on your camera to see if it would help the color? Just a though, sometimes it just doesn't matter-lighting and wall color can just make your pictures like this. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your take on the game piece challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete