Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mom, I love you because...

 Hi you all, and welcome to my blog. Today I'm the designer over at Card A Day Blog the theme is Mother's Day. I'm here with you today with a Mother's Day card I created:
 I decided upon the card when I came across this die-cut from my stash, it's from the Better Together imagine cricut cartridge. When I seen it I thought to myself, Mom if you were here right now I would give you a big hug and tell you why I love you. (Got a little teary eye thinking about mom :)
 I inked up the doily with distress ink: Broken China. I wanted some color behind the girls.
 I used the stripe mat from the Echo Parks: Sweet Day cutout sheet from my current counterfeit kit. The salmon color background was in my stash of papers embossed (need to take a day and do that with some scraps, I'm getting a bit low :) This one was one of the spellbinders impressionable plates wasn't sure I liked it or not when I got it but here it gives a nice touch to the card.
I popped up both the girls and the sentiment block with 1 layer of foam tape.  I added a ribbon strip from some cutting the other night when I was creating some layouts and the sentiment block was in my stash drawer and was punched with SU:Ticket duo punch. The sentiment came from 3 Twenty Crafts: Say it from the Heart stamp set stamped in Memento tuxedo black ink. and I added Buttercup liquid pearls.
I blinged up the girls a little bit with some Scattered Straw distress stickles (not sure how I feel about this stuff yet) and Waterfall stickles on her belt.
The inside of the card:
I used a cut from some doily paper from my counterfeit kit, added another inked up doily and some of that paper ribbon for a border
I smudged the stamp message the first time so I covered it with another piece of the cardstock punched on the edges with the SU punch. Looks like it was to be done that way a great cover up :)
Close up of the image, from that same stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the weekend. Work today and I'm going to a crop tomorrow so I'll have a few layouts next week to show you all. What's your plans for the weekend :)

2 comments: