Friday, July 24, 2015

July Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Hi and welcome to the July Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from Karen's blog I'm excited to see what marvelous creation she has made :) This month's challenges are:

 Challenge #1:  Picture This:  Use at least 4 photos on your project
Challenge #2:  Old Tool Challenge: Dust off an old tool and get creative
Challenge #3:  Project Altering Experience: Include an altered embellishment


I chose to do Picture This challenge and for me to use 4 photos is really no challenge :) I do it quite often. I tackled this particuliar challenge cause of just receiving my order of photos from Shutterfly and Snapfish so thought best to start scrapbooking as many photos as I can :)
We enjoyed the 4th this year by taking in the local fireworks. This layout holds 6 photos and lots of red, white and blue. I used up alot of cardstock stickers from a Bo Bunny 4th of July sticker sheet throughout the layout. I also used CTMH American Celebration stamp set with CTMH Holiday Red ink and SU Brilliant Blue ink with splatters of Recollections Red spray ink.
This side of the layout holds 6 photos too. The inspiration of the stamping on the layout came from this week's prompt over at Camp Scrap, looking for inspiration for other things. I watched May's video and while she was stamping here layout I decided to play along and stamp mine. So it was just plain fun that started off this layout. I found some border elements that I used for the side pennants from my stash (old swap pieces received) and more from the chipboard sticker pieces. I added SU Candy Dots in various places.
 Found this fun film strip next to me on a shelf so I added it to the layout a perfect spot for the small fireworks photos.
 Grabbed some pictures of me and Dave before the show started and during :) Still working on that selfie thing :) The journaling was put on a PL card that was sitting on my desk and ended up in this month's kit box :)
 Close up of the fun fireworks we saw
Dave and I watching the fireworks, the pennant element on the photo took out some of the man standing there. It was great to get a couple of pictures of the fireworks over the bridge. 
The background looks like it mimics what happens at the end of the show when they just shoot off everything that was left. The sticker sheet I used is just about gone from just adding to this layout and I can see that I can finish up the last few pieces on another layout. Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the hop. Your next stop is over to Julene's blog I wonder which challenge she decided to do...
If you get lost along the way you can find the whole lineup of hoppers over at Counterfeit Kit Blog

16 comments:

  1. How fun! The photostrip is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - that little film strip is a perfect way to show off those fireworks photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pages just sing of celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some terrific shots from the fireworks show! Your custom background is FABulous & just reinforces what we are all about at CKC - ferret out that old stuff & make it NEW again :-) The filmstrip couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that mini film strip with all the firework photos is a great addition to this action filled spread. great shots and what a fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job including so many photos! I especially love the cool film strip! Very festive patriotic page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an awesome double page in so many ways. I like that you stamped on the background, I never do that. The film strip with the small pictures in it is a brilliant idea. I love everything about this. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool layout! I so love your stamped background and how you managed to fit so many great shots in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina this is cool. I was gonna leave a comment saying how that page looked like the finale at a fireworks show!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Great layouts, loved all that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super beautiful! The layout is great! Love the colors and background. You included so many photos. *amazed*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever filmstrip and a wonderfully patriotic layout..

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun, patriotic and festive layout Tina! I love the stamping, the papers and first and foremost, the pictures. You got some great shots of the fireworks! Love the selfie, glad that I'm not the only one who isn't good at getting a selfie. lol Although I think you do way better than me! Ya'll had rain on the 4th didn't you?? We did and then it dried off in time for the fireworks, but we didn't go. It's hard to get my farmer off the farm. lol Anyway, you have made a wonderful layout! Have a great weekend my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving all the fireworks on your fun layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great double lo!! it looks so patriotic and the photos are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the stamped fireworks! So perfect for a 4th of July page!

    ReplyDelete