Thursday, July 16, 2015

My July Counterfeit Kit


 

Good Day :) Wow we are in the middle of July already! It is just whizzing by and so much fun along the way that needs to be scrapped. So I thought best to get my kit together for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge before July flies by anymore than it has. I just got almost 200 photos from Shutterfly and Snapfish that need to be scrapped so I see some binge scrapping the rest of the month just to get these few events scrapped before I get more pictures developed of the future events taking place over the next few weeks. Plus working on some Christmas cards from the yahoo group I belong too that is doing Christmas in July. Then there is Camp Scrap this month also with May Flaum that so far has been a blast! You can find details at her blog : Craft with May if your interested.
So the kit that we are to counterfeit is the Scrapabilly's March Kit it has a tempting monochromatic feel to it. As soon as I seen the first thing that came to mind for me was the CTMH Frosted and the Skylark kits. So both of those kits were the starting points for building my kit:

Chilled Summer Tea

So in both these kits I have pulled the blues from the kit that we were to counterfeit. From this I also pulled these loose papers:
I've been working through 2 DCWV paper stacks trying to make a dent in both stacks so most of the papers came from those. Had to add some patriotic paper for to scrap some 4th of July pictures. The Christmas prints are mainly for card making and pulled out what I had left in the one stack.
Then I pulled a few really specific papers cause I know the pictures that I'm scrapping will enhance some of this paper.
This kit also spoke to me at the beginning of the month when the counterfeit kit was revealed, so I knew I would have to add it to my kit this month. I like to try to get some of the smaller size paper pads into my kits each month and this one is 8 X 8 so it's a perfect add to the kit and I added the embellishments that came with it also.
The Alphas that I plan to use, but I do have the option to stray and use my other alphas if needed. I also came across this pack of Family Project Life cards and thought it may be a good addition to the kit, the colors seem to match well.
The doodads to complete the kit for the month. I have some washi, some twine, twist ties, journal pieces, brads,die cuts and stickers. I also have a tray of Christmas goodies that never got separated from this past Christmas that I can use for my Christmas cards crafting and that has washi, glitter tapes, ribbons, stickles, embossing powders, brads and twine too.
With Camp Scrap going on you'll see a variety of stamps, inks and paints used in my crafting as well. Thanks for stopping by today :) For me I've got a lot to plan for the layouts I want to do over the next week and somehow get a nap in before work tonight. have a fantastic day!





3 comments:

  1. Really cool kit Tina! You seem to have a little bit of everything so I'm sure all your layouts and cards will look stunning as usual!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is the middle of July either Tina, this summer is flying by way to fast, but don't they all?! Sounds like you have a lot of fun going on and lots of pics to scrap. Looking forward to seeing them! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the blues in this month's kit!!

    ReplyDelete