Friday, July 31, 2015

Thinking of You Funday Friday Challenge

Good morning and welcome :) Thank goodness it's Friday! Yay! It's been hot and very busy here at the house this past week so not as much crafting as I would have liked to have done. We had a Green Bean weekend last weekend. Saturday we did the harvesting, capping the beans and cutting them (10 hours :) Sunday after we got the new to us Cookstove put in the house Dave and I were back at it with canning the green beans. Spent the day canning all that we cut and we ended up with 23 qts and 80 pts of green beans. So I think that were covered for the year maybe 2 years :) so no green beans to be planted next year. So that is what I have been up to this week.
Today is Funday Friday challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack and the theme is Anything Goes. Our sponsor this week is Sherri Baldy Bestie Shop
I used the sketch over at Sketch N Scrap:
 
This was just a blast of a sketch to work with :)
Isn't she adorable :) This was my favorite in the group of stamps right off the bat when I seen it. It just looks like your best friend talking to you :) It also reminds me my of my granddaughter right now in her style as a teenage right now :) I thought Thinking of You would be a great card for this fun stamp.
I started to color her with the red and then added the pink and blue afterwards. I added crystal stickles to some of the red to give her some bits of glitter here and there. I used my Bic markers to color her.
The pink polka dot paper came from my current counterfeit kit and when I was looking for some glittery stars I came across this chipboard sentiment in an old counterfeit kit box of embellishments that hasn't been put away yet. Found the box of stars too in the box and decided to use these instead. So added the red washi tape and the blue glitter tape to the card.
I brought in all the elements from the front of the card into the back of the card. Found this fun vellum quote for inside sentiment for the card. Thank you for stopping by today and seeing what I'm up to in my little corner of the world. Looking forward to seeing what you create for the challenge.
    Starts: Friday, July 31st 12:00AM
Ends:  Friday, August 7th   6:00PM
(Eastern time)
What do you need to do to enter?
Challenge Rules
1. Please post a direct link to your card/project post that includes your challenge,
using the linky tool below.
2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge
3. THREE entries per person and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.
5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.
 * All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements
Will not be eligible for top 3 or random wins (optional from sponsors prizes)
Any random wins will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.
You have until August 7th by 6:00PM (eastern) time to link up.
All winners will be announced during the week of August 10th

8 comments:

  1. How adorable!! Wonderful job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp, great card! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,

    Beautiful card! I sometimes like to do sketch challenges even when it is anything goes. Helps give me some direction when my mind is going in too many directions at once!

    I love the little points of Stickles you added, glitter is fabulous :)

    DT sis,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  4. A darling image on a adorable card. great job!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and fabulous design using the My Besties image. Big Texas Hugs, Antoinette - My Besties Sponsor Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the use of the cute stars on this card! Someone will be very happy to receive it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's a doll! thanks for sharing your work with us at Sketch N Scrap for July!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete