Monday, February 27, 2017

Genuine & Quirky LO for Use Your Stuff Challenge

Good Morning to you :) been busy this month with LOAD and that seems to make the blog just a bit quiet :) Next month is Calvinball and that will cause the same as it seems when I get creative I don't have the time to blog about it too :) Something I'll have to work on I guess there has to be a happy medium between the 2.
This week's challenge over at Use Your Stuff is to use a sketch to influence your project, you are to pick your own sketch. I went over to Let's Get Sketchy for my inspiration and this layout is also inspired from LOAD217 Day 22: Selene is the goddess of the day. the prompt is What is you personality? Are you shy or outgoing? What helps you shine? I went with my personality and as this is a Greek Mythology LOAD also my astronomy sign.
I had a blast creating this layout and loved that doily that was in that sketch from Let's Get Sketchy :
I shifted over the title area so I could add a spot for the journaling for the prompt. The doily is one I got in a flea market find of doilies got a whole bag full for just a buck!
 I used one of my favorite pattern papers for the layout been hoarding these paper (still got one left :) thought this would be a good place to use it :) Use some pink from the photo too on the layout. I used 2 of the project life cards, the heart enamels, & chipboard pieces from my counterfeit kit: A Few of My Favorite Things. The dimensional stickers I had in my basket of stickers that I pulled for a challenge last month for the 100 pattern paper challenge facebook group.
 A fun way to create the title with the 2 different fonts
 close up on the dimensional sticker and the enamel hearts and the sparkly stickers
 The other spot that I added the same embellishments and the chipboard arrow too. Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see your creation linked up at Use Your Stuff challenge blog.



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous page and picture!! Love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with what I don't do well--JOURNALING!!!! Nice page! thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch.Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful doily and so much journalling, good on you. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout.Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page!! Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete