Sunday, February 12, 2017

Not Your Momma's Cooking for a Lasting Memories Challenge

Good Morning and welcome to the blog today, it's a bit chilly and rainy here in PA today. A typical winter were having this year, one day it's hot and the next it's chilly and then you have the snow mixing in once in a while too. We ended up with 6" of snow on Thursday, today it has all just about washed away and it is rainy, prayers that the water stays in the banks of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River. Something we do quite often is keep an eye on the river during times like this. So that is it in my life at the moment, we celebrated the Great Granddaughter's birthday yesterday, Sabrina had a fantastic birthday party for them and was fun to be there to celebrate with them. I've been staying busy with LOAD217 so that is why it's been a bit quiet here on the blog. Will catch you up soon with the layouts I've been scrapping, some are for challenges around blogland so I need to get them posted soon don't want to try to do them all up at the end of the month like I normally do :)
So today is Lasting Memories new week's challenge Celebration of Love So many possibilities here.  Don't be afraid to branch out.  Have fun with this one.
LM 331
 "Celebration of Love" - Layout showing a moment, celebration, favorite hobby, family anything you LOVE!


Love of this wonderful hobby is where I was dicided to go this time for this challenge, as it is LOAD month for me I thought a LOAD layout would be appropriate and one of the fun things about a membership at ScrapHappy.org is that there is a members only LOAD in October and this past October was a fun one. At the end of most of the LOADs some of us do a round up page and that is my layout for today is the round up page for the October LOAD1016:
 I love how this came together and added as many specifics as I could. I used my October counterfeit kit: Falltoberfest which had some of the Simple Stories Home Spun little cutaparts on the layout that is in my current kit this month. 
 I used journaling in a vary of places on this layout. This one has my statistics for the month of scrapping
 The rest of the project life cards was used here for the daily themes of the LOAD month.
 My own journaling about the month here.
 I found this fun apron brad in my stash with those hearts thought that it worked out well for this layout as it had a cooking flair about the theme of the layout and the hearts are for my love of scrapping.
 A fun little cluster in this section of the layout
and finished it off with this fun title. May need to outline that 'your' part of the title when I come across the layout when I'm sorting the pile of layouts this week? maybe!!? So you can see it better against the paper that it sits on.
Thank you for stopping by today and seeing what I'm up too in my little corner of the world and check out Sketch N Scrap's facebook page they are having a fun crop this weekend with lots of fun challenges too. Looking forward to seeing what you create for this fun challenge of Celebration of Love (so many sometimes it's hard to choose, but choose something and get it on that scrapbook paper :)

6 comments:

  1. Great page, sweet way to keep some stats.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever page. The tiny yellow apron is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun page, and that apron was quite a find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OVI absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout. All the great things you did for the month. Just out and out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout Tina! I love how your scraped this hobby that we love as a cooking theme. So fun!!! I also love that you put down some statistics as well, great embellishments as well. Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete