Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Always Wanted to Be layout

Welcome to Day 19 of LOAD 514, the theme is Back to the Future (what our future thoughts were back then)  and the Prompt is: When I grow up. That was a question that I remember answering quite often. From the time that I can remember I had always wanted to be a Veterinarian, I just love animals and wanted that to carry over into a job that I would love.
I put this layout together with 2 different challenges. One of the challenges is the layout, I followed the Lasting Memories #191 sketch for my layout the papers for my layout came from my current counterfeit kit

 and the other challenge was from Sketch N Scrap hostess Kerry, from Scrapbooking, For the Love of Paper and her chalenge was: Today my challenge is to use some glitter on your layout BUT in a way you have not done it before! You can glitter-up your layout as much as you like as long as there is one technique you have not tried before!
I have never doodled with glitter glue, and never on a picture. I also used it for the edge of the precut paper. It was fun to bling up the layout a bit I jut loved scattering the hearts about the page. This was fun to do, will have to do it more often :)
The title block came from some word stickers, dymo sticker and alphas. The dream big tag is from Ellies Studio cut up sheet.
 The journaling tag came from a cut up sheet that I added CTMH baker's twine to it and made a bow and glued the string to certain areas to match the sketch better. Some of the journaling tells of my love of animals and the reason why I never did become a Vet and it all had to do with Gidget one of our dogs and what she endured giving birth to her pups and the suffering she went through was unbearable and I knew then that my love for animals would be an interference for what the animal would need. I knew in my heart that I would never be able to cut an animal open. The arrow pointing to Gidget came from CTMH trinkets wooden shapes. through the years came from MM cheerful sticker set.
The Happy came from that same cutout sheet that the tag came from I only used just the bottom portion of it. Yep my love for animals had started at a very early age and to this day I still love to be around an animal, now a days it's just the dogs for us, a pair of blue heelers that we raise.
Thanks for stopping by today to see the view from my little corner of the world :)



11 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, I love your layout and the story behind it - great journalling! Also love the bling touches - a fabulous finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Tina I have never doodled with glitter glue before - your amazing work makes my 'glitter spaghetti' look a right mess! So glad you played along with me on this one -your page is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layouts you create , they are artistic , and unique , and truly wonderful !!! Another lovely layout !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina - gorgeous layout - and your question on my blog - scraplift away sweetie - not a problem at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great sketch and another great layout Tina! I love the pictures and I am loving the doodling with the glitter! I've never done that either, so cool. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an ace idea! That's one for me to 'borrow'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout! you look a pro doodler with glitter to me! Very inspiring layout! Thanks for joining our birthday bash this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great take on the sketch Tina! I love that you were able to combine two challenges into one layout. Nice job! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina, lovely LO! Love the way you did the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you really aced this one - using your CKC kit, two challenges & a LOAD page! What a great story :~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Tina what a fabulous layout. I love how you used the sketch and filled it with pictures. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete