Monday, May 5, 2014

Game Night Layout

Hi you all and welcome. Today I have LOAD514 Day 3 LO. The theme of Saturday is pastimes and the prompt was: Mom, I'm Board! With the word being Board it was to be all about the board games. I pondered on a couple ideas but came up with this one because it fit the theme, I had the pictures already in hand and it was meant to be told.
Christmas of years past over 20 years ago. My kids, Christmas on W. Southern Avenue (shame I didn't date the photos). That year I decided to get them each a board game, it was a hit and they all seemed to enjoy their own game. 


The layout was made with the very first page kit I had purchased, when I had seen this in an Orential Trading Co. catalog I knew I had to get it. We play alot of cards as you have seen so I knew it would get used up. When she said the prompt it was easier to know what paper I would use than what I would do with it. This corner block the card pieces and the dice came from Karen Foster: Playing Cards sticker set. I brought in the red and greet diagonal stripe paper for a Christmas feel to the page but wasn't over whelming.
 I got a picture of each of the kids with their board game. Used lots of the embellishments that came with the kit
 This cute ribbon spot came from a sheet in my stash and the brown dotted strip came from a Christmas border paper that was perfect for this, just the right size for those slits in that spot. The photo corners came from my stash in bag of odds and ends from a previous monthly kit saved back.
 The tag is the only thing I think that I got from out of my counterfeit kit for this month. the color was perfect for the layout and the red ribbon came from the Game page kit, I stapled it with my tiny attacher.
The games worked out to be a good past time for the winter months for sure:)
The kit has one paper left to figure out how to use it, embellishment pieces, alphabet sheet and the stickers before it's completely killed off :) So I guess I'll have to check out pinterest on how to use this bold pattern paper so it's out of my stash :) 

4 comments:

  1. what a fun layout - I love all the little game embellishments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge and great "board" layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layout documenting a great idea!

    ReplyDelete