Saturday, May 24, 2014

Deja Vu May CKC Blog Hop

Hi you all and welcome to my blog today is the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop. If you are coming from Lisa's blog then your right on track. The 3 challenges this month were:
1.   Challenge #1 Weather Related : Use a weather Icon (sun, cloud, raindrops...) on your project
2.   Challenge #2 Safety in Numbers :  Choose one embellishment to focus on in your project and use A LOT of it!  The whole pack if you are brave enough!
3.   Challenge #3 Bucket List : Incorporate a Bucket List of things you would like to/accomplish. It could be a life list, crafting list, travel list....be creative!
I chose #2 to for my double page layout:
I used up alot of stickers on my project and I even used this whole package of stickers from Jolee's Boutique: Broken Arm
 This layout came about from Day 14 of LOAD 514, the theme was Something Random and the prompt: Sick Day. This incident created a few sick days for me:) 
The left side of the layout:
I used a variety of different things on this layout: a picture of our dog Buddy, a foam sticker of a basketball (one of his favorite toys) and a picture of the ice covered driveway that created the problem of me falling to the ground. I found the border strip on a cutaway sheet that was perfect for this layout. Lots of letter stickers spelling out various words and the & n the arrow both came from CTMH, few pieces of washi/masking tape from the kit that had the look of the background paper. Both purple papers came from my current kit.
 The right side of the layout:
More of the background papers just set up a bit different (did lots of cutting pieces out that would have been covered up so I can have some of the same to each layout). This side holds all the pictures that I took of some of the writing on my cast, a strip of the bicycle paper for a border from a cutout sheet and journaling block from one of the paper pads that was in the kit this month. Stickers that referenced writing on the cast
 Funny story behind this whole event: Buddy wanted me to play, kick his basketball is lots of fun for him and without considering the ice, well you can see what happened :) I went down so quick I didn't realized it till I was getting myself up.
 Stickers from various means on the layouts
 This one was a fun one to use on the layout I wanted to make sure all the pictures were about this part of the broken arm when everyone seemed to want to sign it.
 Border created with the stickers of the markers  in the package and a border strip that I found on a cut out page to emphasis the story of when I was 12 and broke my arm then.

 The journaling spot: Explains that this isn't the first time it was broke, I actually broke my arm the 1st time when I was just about to turn 12, a time when Evil Knievel was very popular and I thought yep I can do this, whelp I found out I couldn't and broke my wrist the first time landing on pavement. Had one of those old plaster casts that really make you itch. What surprised me was you must tolerate pain as you get older cause it didn't seem to hurt near as bad as I remember. I even waited a day to see the doctor but as soon as I walked it he said that it was broke (swollen real big at that time)
Thanks for stopping by today and next is Lesley from Oh! Blog It! to see what challenge she chose. If you get lost along the way here is the list of all who are in the hop:

CKCB           http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com
Lisa              http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Tina              http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
Laura           http://beadsbuttonsandbirds.blogspot.co.uk/Leslie           http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com

Julene          http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com.au
Jemma         http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk

11 comments:

  1. ouch ouch ouch Tina! Fabulous recount by photos and journaling.... something I'm sure you'll never forget in a hurry..... LOVE the stickers - how great are those for your double!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch indeed, but oh so easily done! We never do seem to learn, but then that's why they are called accidents! Great to get the story down though and fab to use up all those themed stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! So painful.. Great LO though. Hope you're fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on that LOAD prompt :-) and what a great double spread to make a tough topic a bit light hearted. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, this is another fabulous layout Tina!! I love that you have these pictures to scrap your life!! Having all boys I can tell you that we have had a few broken bones too and one was from jumping ramps with their bikes. lol So I had to laugh when I read that in your journaling. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great memory to scrap, even if it wasn't great at the time! I love that you included the photo if the ice. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those embellishments - what a fabulous double spread and a jolly reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous spread if not a fabulous occasion! Love that you've remembered it in a happy way.
    Thanks for having me as Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The things we do for our pets.Hope it is fully recovered now! Your double page spread looks wonderful and a good memory to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story, linking the past & more recent present! The stickers are really fun on here in helping tell your story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is using the photos to tell the story, at its best. (Buddy + ball+ ice = ) What an interesting layout with the journaling tying the two event together.

    ReplyDelete