Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It Had To Be Magic

Hello and welcome, today's post is a bit fun for me and I was surprised how quickly I wanted to start this layout Monday night see we get the day's prompt at midnight so I was up for an hour working on the layout. This is Day 27 of LOAD 514, the theme is I believe.... and the prompt: It's Magic. Lain gives you some ideas and it dawned on me what I really thought was magical when I was a young girl:

How in the heck did they get her in that bottle, must have been magic :) I Dream of Jeannie was one of my favorite shows as a youth and I like it so much that I wanted to dress up just like her when I was 6 years old. the layout is based on lesson 3 of a class I'm taking at Big Picture Classes: Sketch Solutions.
To play along with Sketch N Scrap's May 12th Birthday Decorations challenge from Heather of The Old Saltbox I made a border with the crepe paper:
This is the title block portion of the layout and it includes a diecut TV from the cricut cartridge Mickey and Friends cut at 2.5", also punched out the clock for a cutout sheet and added the Laugh tae with 2 yellow brads  all from this month's Counterfeit Kit the background paper is the pink sheet from one of the paper kits I had this month and I trimmed down the guitar rock star paper for the blue section piece on the layout.
 The journaling block and another look at that crepe paper border
 The top corner I added some of the dots from the Dear Lizzy thickers that was also used for the title. and the arrows were from a punch out sheet and added some color to the corner that needed something.
Pictures of the show I got off the internet, the smoke it just always made me wonder :)
The picture of me at 6 years old dressed up for Halloween and for the Halloween Parade walk at school, that was always a fun day at school.Thanks for stopping by today to see what I'm up to in my little corner of the world, just a few more days of LOAD, yep I'm ready for a break from scrappin but it sure has been fun walking down memory lane with some of these prompts.

4 comments:

  1. Fun layout!!! Love the colors and the way you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that! Love your layout and the story behind. Thanks for playing along with my crepe paper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout Tina! I love that you are always taking me down memory lane with all these old things that were so popular to our age. I loved I Dream of Jeannie! I always would cross my arms and tried to blink some magic. lol Or the witch, Betwitched, I would try to wiggle my nose to make some magic. lol Love the use of crepe paper on the layout! Who knew?! You knew! lol Love the wonderful die cuts you used too-this just came together so well. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I used to love this show! What a fun layout and the crepe paper border is perfect for this theme! Thanks for joining in our birthday bash challenge at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete