Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Real Life Starts... Layout

Hi you all today I have a Layout from LOAD514-Day 5 Theme is Future and the prompt is Real Life Started At_____ and you were to treat it as when did you think as a child that life started, when did you fell grown up. I struggled with this prompt till I see what the other ones were doing and that helped me come up with an idea for my layout. This is what I came up with:
I followed this sketch that I found on pinterest for my layout, it's from the Papery Bakery sketch 10:
Paper-Bakery-Sketch-Challenge-10
I seen it and thought this will really work well, see Counterfeit Kit challenge blog is also having some challenges that you have to the May 16th to enter and this one fell under Challenge #5: Primary Colors.  With it being in 3s it worked just fine. The background is a really bright red, looks a bit orangy with the camera :) But if I was looking at my embroidery thread it would be a 1704 :)
I used Recollections: Primary Pin Dot cardstock papers for my photo mats and regular color index cards for my writhing. Also pulled one border piece from the K&Company Happy Trails borders pack. The top picture I'm 12 and just starting to really think about what I may want to do with my life.
The middle photos are my kids and the journaling talks of being a single mother and how that is when I consider real life starting for me
The bottom photo is with a couple of years of starting my business and another phase of real life beginning. It's was to do this layout once I had it all worked out and shows how real life just keeps evolving throughout your life.
This card I received in swap and it worked out perfectly to wrap it all up. The blue stars came from Jolees all that Bling pack, and the snapshots of life came from Simple Stories 24/7 sticker sheet.
The variety of color harts scattered about the page also came from the Simple Stories 24/7 sticker sheet.
Thanks for stopping by today and seeing my view from my little corner of the world.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I'm so glad that you took my Primary colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you told about the 3 life stages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright and fun layout. I love the sketch ... =)
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. a great take on the challenge. I'm still struggling with using no white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to take the prompt and the bright colours really lift the whole thing. A lot of fun

    ReplyDelete