Friday, May 30, 2014

Ice Cream :)

Hello and welcome once again today :) The LOAD post for today is Day 29 of LOAD 514, the theme is Pop Culture and the prompt:It's a Taste Sensation. It's all about food! What was your favorite food growing up? Do you still like it? Is it still available? Mine is:
From the time I can remember I have always loved Ice Cream :) I used the sketch challenge over at My Scraps and More Sketches for this layout:

Since this is about food it also falls under the challenge from Sketch N Scrap and Stephanie's Party food challenge over at her blog at Skyline Paperie
I used my current counterfeit kit for this layout. I used the Glitter letter thickers for my title and ice cream stickers from the Neapolitian Collection. I used a variety of borders and the die cut is from: Cricut Cartridge Birthday Bash - page 55/keypad button 35 (I'm glad I made this for a swap it worked out perfect on this layout).
The progression of pictures through my life and love of Ice Cream. Me in June 1971 enjoying a cone from Hurr's Dairy, My husband and kids having fun making homemade ice cream out on the back porch area mid 1990s, and now DQ is my favorite spot to get ice cream, I love the blizzards and my husband loves the soft vanilla ice cream cones they have.
The journaling, I added a few thickers and some fun stickers. My love for ice cream has carried over to the next generation, my daughter loves it even more than I do! (Is that possible?) I guess it is cause if she could she would live on ice cream from DQ or Sunset. Me I need a pizza now and again :)
Thanks for stopping by a 2nd time today, just a couple of layouts left for LOAD 514. I'm glad it's winding down, but it sure has been fun. Have a great weekend and stop back tomorrow for another layout.
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this layout Tina! I love those cones and how you incorporated photos from various years... beautiful! And I've always loved ice cream too!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bright layouts always make me smile! What a wonderful combo of colors! Love your journaling as well! Thanks for joining in our birthday bash challenges at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and cheery layout! Love how you did your journaling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of taste! My fave is the Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard made with chocolate ice cream...ahhhhh! This really has a great graphic feel to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the journaling!! Fabulous page!! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet page. Love the bright colors and ice cream cones. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an awesome layout .. this has me craving DQ soooo badly lol! :) Thanks for participating in my party food challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy layout! Love all the journaling.
    Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete