Thursday, May 29, 2014

Radio Ga Ga

Hello and welcome, today's post is Day 28 of LOAD 514, the theme is ??? Something Random and the prompt:Goodnight, Moon. so I'm thinking where is Lain going with this? she gives you some ideas of bedtime rituals and says Did you have to hear the TV going in the other room and it clicked like a light bulb the memory of listening to the radio to get to sleep:
My layout is lesson 4 over at Sketch Solutions over at Big Picture Classes and I also planned to work Sketch N Scrap's May 27th challenge PARTY from Evie over at Artful Scrapbooking Studio: It's a word challenge: P = Purple Crackle Paint; A = Arrow; R = Radio; T = Thickers; Y = Yellow ribbon plus other yellow things on the page :)
This also qualifies for May 28th's challenge over at Tamika's blog Making Today Better than Yesterday with her challenge of bling which is found with the glittery thickers and dots, the ribbon down the page also has a shimmer to it.
 My title comes from one of my favorite groups: Queen and was fitting for this layout. I used Thickers glitter letters, and a star from the Bo Bunny block party sticker sheet.
 I used purple crackle paint around the collage of pictures for some texture also used it on the wooden veneer heart. The corners stickers came from the same Bo Bunny sticker sheet.
 The gold arrow pointing to the fuzzy slippers is from my stash. Various pictures of me in pjs both are at Christmas time.
 I used part of an Echo Park mini theme kit for the gray paper which included this word card on the back.
The journaling card came from Recollections creative chaos journaling pad. I might just add letter stickers to the top spelling out random to fit with the theme a bit. All the papers came from my current counterfeit kit and te ribbons came from last month's kits. (I still have quite a bit of paper life, I'm totally surprised!)

Thanks for stopping by today to see what's up in my little corner of the world



4 comments:

  1. Awesome layout and I love your title!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another LOAD prompt pulling out those obscure memories! So much fun. Love how you incorporated a photo of the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun layout !!! Fun design !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What another great layout! Love the splashes of purple! Thanks for joining our birthday bash as Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete