Saturday, May 3, 2014

In the News layout

Happy (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day! Good Morning you all and how are you today. This is the first layout I did for LOAD514 the prompt was In The News (hence the name of the layout):
This is a couple pictures that were in the local paper of Elias' Cub Scout Pack 12 Mystery Tour and our G-Son Elias made it in both pictures. I used this sketch for my layout:

The sketch is #114 of  Sketchabilities
 I started with the base of 1 paper from my stash and added another paper that resembled ad section of the paper for a border.
From there I built my page up. I used 2 papers from My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found 2: Sunshine.
 Added some cutout pieces from last month's Counterfeit kit. Fussy cut the hat piece from another cutout sheet and added a heart and the pointer from the Simple Stories Documented sticker sheet. I added the Newsflash sticker from Simple Stories 24/7 sticker sheet and the arrow is from BoBunny Block Party sticker sheet.
The border was cut from the Documented cutout sheet also the half library card and the title letters came from the sticker sheet of the same name.
It was a fun layout and with the prompt I came away with 4 ideas for scrapbook layouts, this was chosen cause I had pictures on hand and been wanting to scrap it for awhile now. So for so good I'm on track and got the 1st day done and posted on time.
There may be many posts today.
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. Have a terrific day.....
 



5 comments:

  1. fantastic inkwork and layering - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! love the messy background.
    Thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love that background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting decision! I like your background. Thank you for playing with Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete