Saturday, May 31, 2014

Wonder

Hi you all and welcome , As Load is winding down I have today is Day 30 of LOAD 514, the theme is Places and the prompt:My Secret Place.I was surprised about this, but as I started to think about it I did have a spot and then looking for the pictures I figured out I had 2 spots that I thought was a secret place.
This is the back of the house I grew up in. The top picture was taken at the beginning of this month and the bottom picture is from 1978. Wow was I surprised how much it had changed since I left when I was 18. So my layout comes from lesson 5 from the class Sketch Solutions that I'm taking at Big Picture Classes. But I also used lots of Washi and that was a challenge over at Sketch N Scrap it was Lisa's washi tape challenge at her blog My Creative Endeavors so that is another one done and checked off the monthly list, they have been having lots of fn challenges over there for their birthday bash.
I used papers from my current counterfeit kit and the washi tape came from that kit too, most of the tape came from SU: Retro Fresh this and that. I also used some vellum around a few spots on the layout. The wonder title came from K&Company EcoModern die cuts.
 Found these cute house on a cut out sheet and thought it worked just fine on this layout since we are talking about the house :)
 The pictures: The arrows point to both secret places. The one that you see in the 1978 photo was my favorite secret place, it was a special place one that I only new of atleast that is what I thought :) It was my spot from a preteen to almost adulthood. I played with cars under there in the dirt. It was the best place to play hookie till Mom caught on about it. A spot for hide and seek games. The place was huge! The other spot was the balcony a place where our excess toys were stored so a great little play room while Dad was sleeping.
 I had fun attaching the banner to the page :)
Th journaling wrote directly onto the layout, that was gutsy for me and also Stacy's challenge over at Big Picture Classes for Art & Science of Scrapbooking class. Just one more day of LOAD 514 and its a good one I just heard the prompt, glad today is Saturday I have most of the day to do the layout and I have a feeling it'll be a 2 page layout.
I close out the month, I'm surprised how much of my counterfeit kit I still have left, I knew it was huge but didn't realize that it was that huge, but I did eliminate alot of product this month kind of nice to throw away those empty containers. Well you all have a good Saturday and I'll see you Sunday with the last post for LOAD in May...



1 comment:

  1. Wow, great layout and great use of the washi tape! Love how you layered it under the title! Thanks for joining my birthday bash challenge at My Creative Endeavors!

    ReplyDelete