Thursday, May 15, 2014

Best of the Best layout

Hi you all, it seems fitting to have this layout on a Thursday-throwback Thursday, but then it feels as if the whole month has been a throwback with LOAD514 this is-Day 13. Theme is I believe..... and the prompt is: Best of the Best. And this is my belief after I became a fan:
This is the sketch I used for this after searching Google. It had lots of room for photos:


http://margotsmix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/sample-scrapbook-sketch.jpg
The background paper came from echo park Toy Box collection kit, and various elements throughout the page and the top border came from echo park Touchdown collection kit. The journaling block was from a cut out sheet, all typed in word. Letters and stars came from Simple Stores 24/7 sticker sheets. All came from my current counterfeit kit.
 I became a fan of the San Fransisco 49ers January 20, 1985 the day that I seen Super Bowl XIX. Mom was a long time fan of the team and Joe. This is a picture of the 2 of us around that same time period.
 When this prompt came up and Lain talked of all the ways you could go with it she mentioned best sport's team in her list and I instantly went there and the Niner's but took it a step further and chose the one player that made that team famous at that time. Joe held alot of records proving my belief that he was the Best of the Best.
 I used various pictures of Joe Montana during that Super Bowl that I found on Google
 The bottom border is a fun film strip from K&Company adhesive borders pack.
My thoughts now 2014 about Joe, I still think is the Best of the Best, but in 1994 or 95 I watched Tom Brady from the New England Patriots (my husband's favorite team) start his career in the NFL and said to Dave, there is another Joe Montana in the making he can throw a ball like Joe did back in the day. Since my team wasn't doing so well I would root on Dave's team and watched Tom become just as good of a player as Joe, now I have that feeling Mom had watching Joe throughout this years, yep 1980s was an amazing decade for Joe and the San Francisco 49ers. No matter the ups or downs I'm still a fan of the Niners.
Thanks for stopping by today and seeing what I'm doing in my little corner of the world....

5 comments:

  1. I love this layout !!! What a perfect sketch to show all your great photos !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fabulous layout Tina! I am loving that sketch and all the pictures it holds, my kind of sketch. lol My son is a huge football fan, so he would love this layout as well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly this is a freaking amazing layout!!!! Totally LOVE the layout on this.... wow..... 49ers are my mom and brother's team... definitely need to show them this!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun sports layout! Very creative! Thanks for joining our birthday bash this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super sketch and a great layout for Lain's prompt. You've really worked those product and internet photos so well

    ReplyDelete