Monday, May 12, 2014

Route 2012-Graduation Layout-CCC #34

Hi you all and welcome to my blog, today is Graduation time over at Creative Cutting Challenge and we are to do a project with a graduation theme. I had plans to do a layout of my G-Daughter Britney her graduation photos awhile back, but that never happened, but this theme helped bring it to paper.
I used Creative Pointe's 2012 Graduation Signs set, now it's been updated to 2013/2014 so don't wait as long as I did :)
2014 Graduation Signs - Click Image to Close
This is a super cute set with lots of fun signs to choose from. I loved this set as soon as I seen it and knew that I needed the route sign for the title of Britney's Graduation layout which was way past due to scrap but I got er done. This is a fun set to use and I added the Grads at Work sign also to the layout. We were very blessed to be invited to Brit's graduation and got seats inside to see the whole thing it was wonderful to see a grandchild graduate too.
My layout was also based on 2 challenges too. The one was a challenge with a twist of using circles:

You can find the challenge at Our House of E...
She used a sketch that was in the Sketch N Scrap archives and I like it so I lifted it :) I kept the top half of the sketch the same but flipped the bottom half to accommodate the 3X4 card so the arrow was pointing to the pictures. I used many circles throughtout the layout but I think the most was used to make the border on the top photo.
 Another circle on the bottom half to frame a special picture of Britney :). The other challenge comes from Counterfeit challenge blog from their NSD event and this one falls under the #2 challenge which was a color recipe challenge: Black/White/Gray and one other color and Britney's school colors fit that scheme so well with the extra color being orange.
 Here is a close up of one of the Creative Pointe's die cute from the set:
 and a close up of another one I I used on the layout.
I used my current kit with pulling the orange papers from my stash. I used CM-Cheerful sticker pack for the border sticker which was placed on a strip of white cardstock that was border punched with MS doily punch. I used SU Candy dots (brights pack) and the stars are from the sticko-black graduation stickers. The little orange blop rub-on is from fancy pants designs.Thanks for stopping by today and you know you could join in on the challenge too. I'll be back later with another layout. Trying to catch up the blog with what I have done so I'm cutrrent since I'm doing them with on going challenges
Here are the essentials about it, you can link up over at Creative Cutting Challenge
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
(1)You MUST use a SVG or similar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.
(2)  NO BACKLINKING.  This has always been our rule but we've noticed that it has not been followed lately. Going forward, projects posted before the start of this challenge will be deleted.

9 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous grad layout Tina! I love those die cuts, and what a great take on the sketch!! I've got my youngest's grad coming up on the 30th. I will have to keep your layout in mind with those great die cuts. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout Tina !!! What a perfect way to use the sketch , I am inspired !!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and hope you have a wonderful Monday !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it good when you complete a layout that you have been meaning to do? This one looks fabulous.I liked the sketch at Sketch n scrap and have completed this too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for choosing my challenge and sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap! I loved this sketch too, I think I will use it again and I love the way you flipped it to suit your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on Darcy's circle challenge Thanks for joining in with us during Sketch N Scraps Birthday Bash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout...I think letting it "simmer" for a few years made all the difference!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love the die cuts you used, they really worked well with the sketch and set off your lovely pictures! Thanks for joining our birthday bash at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Tina - that orange really livens up the page - love all the stars too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What super die cuts and great use of your counterfeit kit for this lovely page with those happy photos!

    ReplyDelete