Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Puppy Love layout

Hi you all this is from LOAD514-Day 11. The theme was VIP's and the prompt was: Puppy Love. This prompt could go in so many different directions but I thought this would be the perfect time to document Barney our dog, the first pet I ever known. Barney and I we have a special connection.
This layout was also inspired by a sketch at Sketch~N~Scrap: Inspired by Sketch #5:

The background paper I chose was a piece from last month's Counterfeit kit and it was a fun one for this layout cause it already had some elements printed on it, couple of borders and a picture spot.
I have one drawer dedicated to dog theme paper, so I pulled out 2 pattern pieces of paper one for the borders and one for the main photo mat.
I also pulled the Hello tag from pebbles tags with included letter to spell out Barney's name from SS 24/7 sticker sheet, the word stickers came from 2 sheets: Adorit: Lucky Dog and from Peminisce: Dog.
 The journaling card came from Recollections Journal Card Pad: Laugh (part of this month's kit)
 The #1 pet ribbon is from Craft Essentials which is from JoAnns, $1.00 bin. The Puppy and the
Love came from Jolee's boutique Title waves dimensional stickers (it's got a fuzzy feel on top on them too), I made a border with the extra stickers from the pack.

Barney was very special in my life. She said (my Mom) that when she was carrying me a bat had somehow gotten into the house, Barney had it cornered and while Mom was trying to get him away from the bat, his claws left a scratch on her stomach and she says that is the same marking (birth mark) that I have on my right temple. She says that is how I got it, no wonder I don't like bats near me but that is another story. So I carry around a memory of Barney with me all my life and a good conversation story when I'm asked what I did to my head. Not so much now compare to when I was a kid, I even had someone ask if I had brain surgery :)
Thanks for stopping by today, do you have a favorite story to tell from your past?

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet , and adorable layout !!!! Super cute !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love your story and your take on the sketch! Such a cute page! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tina this is such a cute little dog and what a sweet story there at the end of your post... I totally understand connecting with a pet <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab layout Tina! I love your cute dog, Barney. How awesome that Barney was trying to protect your mother and you in her womb from that bat. How amazing that a scratch from him marked you and you carry that now. I've heard similar stories like this and it is amazing how something can mark a baby in the womb. Very cool to have Barney always with you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the sketch and super cute photos! Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute layout, love that doggie paper. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout and interesting story about Barney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet puppy! Great page. Thanks for joining us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great story to scrap about and Barney looks so cute! A wonderful take on the sketch , thanks so much for joining in with our Inspired By challenge at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your titles and the colors you used with your photo, such a harmonious layout ! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! I love your title, stickers? Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, what a fantastic story! I think that is awesome you have a "scratch" mark! I had a beagle named Barney who was my very first dog back in 1970! This brought back sweet memories and love how you scrapped it! Fantastic take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is such a fun sketch, love how this came together! Thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this!!! Great page and title!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :-)

    ReplyDelete