Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pure Joy layout

Hi you all and welcome, today I have LOAD514-Day 12. The theme was Future (What you thought the future would be) and the prompt was: Seed of the Future. Lain wanted us to do something that we did in the past that we still do today. What was carried from the past to the future that had a strong influence on you?
I was thinking about this one a bit before I came up with the theme of the layout. I was planning to go one way with it and that theme will be used on another layout another day. But this is what I chose, I think it was one of the biggest influences of my life.
I've been following Sketch N Scrap this month they are celebrating their 2nd birthday all month and they have some great ideas to use each day on a layout or a card. This particular layout came from this sketch:



 It's from Heart for Handmade blog Hilliary was the host that day. After doing the layout I went to check on the challenge and found out you needed the twist of a birthday theme. So I will link it up but I know it's not qualified because of this and will do the card sketch on Saturday for the challenge.
 The papers come from March and April Counterfeit kits. The 2 PL cards one was cute down for part of the title and the other holds the journaling. The rest of the title comes from Quick Quotes glitter die cuts (the thicker cuts) and the pure and the blue arrow in the below photo came from BoBunny: Block Party combo sticker sheet
 The pictures are: me opening up a gift Christmas morning, not sure if it's the same gift but I remember being the estatic about receiving my first camera. The top photo is my cousin Cindy, this was the first picture I took and there next to her is the packaging from the camera and on the right me in 2013 still behind the camera 41 years later. I included a sticker from CM: Cheerful pack.
The camera Amy Tangerine: Hi Friend pack and the tag came from a cut out sheet last month's kit. Cindy's picture was framed with a Heidi Swap frame and that was the last from the pack (another package out of my stash :)

So Christmas 1971, I was 9 yrs old I got my first camera. I think this impacted me for my love of the camera . To this day telling stories with pictures has become the best hobby I ever had through out my life. It brings me pure joy to scrap and tell the stories or memories from those pictures. 41 years later still behind the camera catching every memory I can get.

Thanks for stopping by today and seeing the view from my little corner of the world.

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures !! Great layout , and perfect colors !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story and awesome theme for a layout! I LOVE it, even though you didn't fit the entire criteria for the challenge you still got a beautiful layout for your scrapbooks! Thanks for joining our birthday bash at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the layout sketch! Yes you do have to do the twist as well to be eligible to win, but I am so glad you shared you fabulous layout anyways! Look forward to seeing your card! Thanks for joining my Sketch N Scrap birthday bash challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A colourful page and a great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you not only have the pic of receiving the camera, but the first photo that you took! Joy, indeed, is how you still look today behind the camera :~) I can relate!

    ReplyDelete