Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Bedroom layout

Hi you all and welcome to my blog, I'm here today with LOAD514-Day 2: the theme for this layout is If the Walls Could Talk and you were to talk about your bedroom growing up.
So this is what I did with the layout, when I got the prompt Tuesday early am I decided right off the get go that I was going to use the sketch that I had just received in my email from Sketch-N-Scrap #56:

So the next thing to do was decide what I was going to do :) The first thing I came up with was looking for the teen idols that I liked back then:
OMgosh pinterest is amazing when it comes to looking for early memories. I had a huge crush on Leif Garrett and what girl teenager in the mid 70s didn't stay current with her idols than with current issue of Tiger Beat,  the Bay City Roller for one of my favorite groups at the time and they had one of the best songs that came out was Saturday Night and the hottest show on TV was Happy Days.
So my bedroom was up in that corner of the 2nd floor of the house where the hand is pointing at it. Now this picture I took the day I made the layout cause I had none of my bedroom and a girl on the community board had this great idea so I lifted that cool inspiration! The below photo is of me I'm thinking in 1967 which would have made me almost 5. I chose this picture because I was standing in front of the house and you can see the changes the bushes and the planter are gone now. LOL! I went out back of the house too for a picture and that has totally change I see another layout forming :)
The journaling block came from a past counterfeit kit's Echo Park:Dots&Stripes Elemental stickers sheet. I journaled about what I remember of what my room looked like.
Various journaling blocks scattered around the page on talks of growing up and you heard a good song we would have to get a 45 of it, and how me and my BBF would learn the latest dances watching American Bandstand and then practicing them in my room. Also journaled about the main mistake I made as a teen and that was smoking. Peer pressure and trying to be cool was my downfall and I caved in. But I can say after 45 years I did give up the habit :)
This was a fun layout to put together and the prompted brought back some old memories and I may have to journal more on a smash book page about it. I used mainly my kit from last month with the addition of the cassette paper, the heart washi tape and the converse sneakers border.
I'm including this layout in the sketch challenge at Sketch-N-Scrap
I'm also including it in the Scrap our Stash Challenge, I pretty sure I covered everything:
Create a layout and include the following:
Something Old: Patterned Paper or Embellishment that has been in your stash 6 months or more: this would be the chevron paper/cassette paper/ converse sneakers border
Something New: Patterned Paper or Embellishment that you purchased within the last 6 months: this would be the White doily 12 X 12 paper that I bought over Christmas at my daughters up in NY they have a Tuesday Morning and it's the first time I was in one :)
Something Fussy Cut: The record player was fussy cut for a sheet of paper
AND...
Something Blue: Patterned Paper, Cardstock, Embellishment, Alphas, Ink/Paint, your choice!: the journaling block, Alphas, sticker: a day in the life



32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and so fun to scrap all those memories! I suppose I was a strange teenager as I had no crushes on TV or Movie stars. My favorite star to watch was John Travolta....way back during his Welcome Back Carter Days. One of those had to watch shows when I was in High School. I even had an English teacher who was much like Mr. Carter, but he also made us learn. I grew up in the NASA area of Houston, I lived in what were called the three neighborhoods of the astronauts. I tell people it was the astronauts who taught me how to lie. Not in the literal sense, I learned quickly that fame is a pain to deal with. I would be riding bikes with Chris Conrad son of course of one of four son's of Pete Conrad, Commander of Apollo 12 and first mission on the Space Station. Chris was one of my best friends. Someone would stop us in our neighborhood wanting to know where the astronauts live. We'd lie and say we didn't know any astronauts. I baby sat for Commander Lovell, spent a lot of time with the McCandless family as their daughter was a good friend. I learned quickly when we moved to Texas astronauts were just like my Dad, the only difference they went up in space on occasion. I also learned to hate the press as they would camp on our lawn when Commander Conrad was up in space. That was a pain having stay in the house because at that time they had no problem trying to corner a child to get information. So when I met Patrick Swayze I wasn't star struck. He and I shared the same trainer with our Arabians and our gelding is a son of Tammen which is the chestnut stallion you see in pictures with Buddy (what his friends called Patrick). We actually had three sons of Tammen. Zuby is the one we kept.

    Thank you for your sweet comment today on my blog! Much appreciated! By the way....love love your Moline blog! I love older tractors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) OMgosh! you met Patrick Swayze! That is so cool! He seem's like he would have been the friendlier type you could tell that in his acting too :) Oh the Moline blog, yes got that started for the club and no one wanted to do anything with it so it just sits, but we enjoy our tractors we have quite a few of the gold ones :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Tina, this layout is amazing!! I love how you were able to pull this off. Pinterest is such a great place to get things, I also love that you were able to get another pic of the house you lived it as a child. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!! lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda :) I'm finding that out how much information you can get off pintrest, I was glad that I was able to get the pic too, wonder what the people thought if any one was peek out the window. Boy the neighborhood change :) The little old lady across the street if she could see her house now :) I didn't recognize it look like a hunting cabin smack in the middle of the neighbor hood

      Delete
  3. What a fun challenge. Love the layout you created for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is a GREAT idea for a layout! I love how you adapted the sketch to work with your photos and journaling boxes! So creative and what great memories! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome! Love that you scrapped about your childhood bedroom and well done for utilising Pinterest (don't know how we did without it!). Fabulous take on the sketch and thanks for sharing it with us at Sketch N Scrap and also for playing along with our 'stash' challenge at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a awesome LO. Enjoyed the journaling of great memories.Love the pics. Fantastic take. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a wonderful way to scrap your childhood memories! I never thought about drawing information from Pinterest but such a great idea! Fantastic take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized you also joined in on the challenge at SOS also! Great job combining the challenges and thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great prompt - or at least I really LOVE your interpretation of it ... taking me back right now to thoughts of my teen room.
    Love the busy nature of the page - cramming in lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun layout and I love the way you were able to recreate such a special childhood memory, I am so inspired to give it a try too. Thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the sketch. Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap. Surama

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun fun layout! All of the little embellishments are so eye catching! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing layout!!! Just love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic layout and wonderful choice of pattern papers!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous layout, and great use of the pointing hand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun layout and a unique prompt!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow… what a layout! :) Thanks for playing along with SOS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout, love all your labels with journaling. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great theme, great layout so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a neat thing to do with the prompt! I really like this layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic page! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such great idea for a page! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome sauce! And I can so relate-Leif Garrett was on my wall too along with Willie Ames, Earth Wind & Fire and Kristy McNichol :):) Am gonna have to scraplift this for sure! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  24. hope you don't mind that I pinned this on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! What a wonderful memory. and this is a wonderful layout too. Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love how you rocked this sketch and the challenge with SOS!Thanks for playing along with SOS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh the teen idols...that is totally awesome! No one rocked the knee socks like Leif! Love all the journaling...such a great story telling page! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cool that you documented your childhood bedroom - such a great memory to capture! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete