Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Vacation Bible School layout

Welcome to Day 20 of LOAD 514, the theme is I believe.... and the Prompt is: On a Sunday. It is in reference to our beliefs in our faith and really doesn't have to be on a Sunday. Talk about our faith in our youth, your faith history or you could have talked about your faith now. I chose to do my youth since most of the prompts have been dealing with my youth might as well keep it going and this is a story I should tell.
I had gotten the paper in a swap box of paper I bought and remembered I had it so I pulled it out for this topic. The rest of the layout pieces came from my current counterfeit kit and last month's kit.

I did the layout from the challenge at Let's Get Sketchy Week 3
 

This is the plaque I made at my first church function: Vacation Bible School. I was about 9 and half years old when I attended.
The journaling about how this all came about. Mom says we were all baptized, but my parents weren't the church going type. When I did start asking about God, Gram did try to tell me a bit about him. But it was this bus that was picking up my friend, that I had asked to go too, with permission from Mom I went to my first church function, Vacation Bible School. So the various words and the la la la of singing is alot of what I experienced at VBS. We also memorized a verse and I wrote it there too with my jouraling. This is still my favorite verse other than the one in Peter about casting your anxieties upon him. So my journey began, it's been rocky even to the point of not believing. But I came back around and through my current Pastor I understand why God had me go through  the trials that I did and at my mid 40s I confirmed my faith.

Thanks for stopping by today, this was not all gussied up like some layouts, but I think I still showed his glory through what I did with the layout. what I had experienced during that week through the variety of words used by the photo. Whatever your faith or religion is I think we can come together as friends in all we do.




13 comments:

  1. Great LO! Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page and photos!!!

    Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout and LOAD has certainly inspired you to be productive .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your words along the photo edge. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story behind your page...it is a beautiful way to glorify Him! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful page for that fabulous project

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page! Thanks for joining us @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful page to document something so special to you. Thank you for sharing with us at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. super page.. cute fun and bright.. great take on the LGS sketch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete