Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Enforcer Layout

Hi once again to you :) Today I have LOAD514 Day 16. The theme is places and the prompt is: Time Out. Lain mentioned a few ideas to go with this prompt: What happened when you were naughty when you were young? When breaking the rules young or old. I brainstormed a bit and looked through all the old pictures I could not find any of me being punished, so I went with 2 pictures of my Mom. Mom ruled the household when it came to dishing out the punishments.
This layout was made using the sketch from Stuck?! Sketches:


I used my current Counterfeit kit for this layout.
I used 2 different Project Life type cards in my layout and that makes it qualify for Sketch N Scrap Birthday Card challenge hostess is My Creative Endeavors Lisa asked us to use 2 of these cards on our layout. This one holds the Top 5 punishments with a sticker of a wooden spoon I found in a kitchen paper kit.
The 2nd one comes from the 4X6 that I cut on the side a bit to fit the area, this holds the journaling about my Mom and her being the main disciplinarian  in the household. The picture is Mom holding her first grandson Jason, my nephew. Mom was a wonderful lady and had the patience of a saint :) but when the punishment needed to be done she is the one that enforced it.
A picture of Mom and me taken while we were at the Jersey Shore probably Wildwood, NJ that is where we went most summers for vacations. I was 4 or 5 here in this picture depending on when Mom got the slides developed.
Thanks for stopping by today and stop back tomorrow for another layout.





9 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the photo and the product you used to feature it! Thanks for joining us at Stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no the dreaded wooden spoon! lol! I had to laugh when I saw that sticker, I guess I would need one for my layout on the same topic! Love your journaling and how you used one for the journaling! Thanks for joining my birthday bash challenge for Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful and cheerful page! Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun page!Thanks for joining us at 'Stuck?' this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and colourful, love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cheerful.. a great take on the challenge and the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. original theme for your lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect colors with your photos and I love seeing lots of journaling. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great linear focus here and your colours really play off your retro feel. Love your journalling too!Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete