Thursday, May 8, 2014

They Said WHAT?! layout

Good Morning to you, today I have a layout that is based on the theme I believe.... and the prompt is Misheard Lyrics. Growing up and listening to a variety of songs there was this one that came out during my teens that the one lyric always got me:
I used a sketch from my membership at Simple Scrapper for the layout:

Do you remember 'Blinded by the Light' by Manfred Mann's Earth Band? It was released in 1976, I was about to turn 14, when I heard the song.
  Me and my BFF Beth we were listing to the radio and we heard this lyric: Blinded by the light... wrapped up like a douche, running in the light. We looked at each other------> they said WHAT?!!!! then giggled like the young school girls we were and started singing the song again. For the longest time, I thought that is what they had said. (that's part of the journaling)
I used both the current month's counterfeit kit with the background paper, the music note stickers, the flowers stickers and the song sticker from echo park: ep Mini Theme kit: Melody of Life.
 Just about everything else came from last month's kit. I added yellow crystal sticker elements around the page.
The WHAT came from the thickers pack: MACAW and they said from a Big Lots sticker pack. The doily came from a pack from the dollar store.

Thanks for stopping by today and what memorable misheard lyric did you sing or thought you heard? Back tomorrow with a Funday Friday card and later in the day another layout post.

These are LOAD514 layouts and I have used many challenges to come up with my layouts so may have to double up once in awhile to make the challenge date and to stay on top of the layouts this month.Today's layout is LOAD514-Day 6

4 comments:

  1. what a fantastic take on the sketch! This layout has inspired me to start journaling again on my layouts - I love that long strip of journaling, it looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondogreens are funny! I always mistook "that's me in the corner" for "let's pee in the corner".LOL
    I love your layout,especially all that journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that song and I literally just looked up the lyrics to see what it was supposed to be! LOL! What a great layout topic. You've done a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous layout, unfortunately don't know the track LOL! Great subject for a layout too!

    ReplyDelete