Thursday, May 22, 2014

Under the Boardwalk

Day 21 of LOAD 514, the theme is random and the prompt: Whoops. I had to brainstorm this one a bit and I came up with 3 different scenarios that I could have used, but while looking at pictures to come up with one for any of the scenarios I came across these pictures and remember a really big oops for this layout.
I went looking through Sketch N Scrap for a good 3 photo layout and found this one from March 2013:

and used it for my layout, it had everything I needed to tell the story and include the embellishments spots too.
 The papers for my layout came from last month's counterfeit kit. I pulled out some summer stuff from my stash: Simple Stories:
I heart summer for the 3 cards and a pack of EK success sticko sticker pack of shells. I used alphas from my current kit for the title and some arrows from last month's kit.
 Picture of me at the beach and a picture of the boardwalk and of under the boardwalk where it all took place.
 Me and my swollen nose, not to bad at this time. A cluster of the shells
My journaling and another cluster of the shells.
Whoops indeed, 1972 we were in Wildwood, NJ at the beach, when I decided I would go hunting for seashells, while I was looking down at the sand under the boardwalk, as I was just bringing my head up SMACK! right into one of the cement pillars that hold up the boardwalk. Blood pouring out of my noise, I was in hysterics. Mom finally caught up with me and took me over to the ocean and well the salt water seem to make it worse. Finally got it stopped, that night at the hotel a picture of me with the swollen nose. I still carry that memory around I have a cute little line that goes across my nose that is a scar from that incident. Funny this wasn't the one I planned to do but when I saw the photos the memory came back very vivid and clear.

2 comments:

  1. What a memory Tina! I love this layout! The sketch was perfect for these pictures. I how you embellished this layout and those shells are amazing. I felt so bad for you as I was reading what happened to your nose. That had to hurt!!! Isn't it funny how when you see some pics the memories come flooding back?! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina this is wonderful. I love your shells and the old photos too.

    ReplyDelete