Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dating Layout

Hi you all this is from LOAD514-Day 8. The theme was Pop Culture and the prompt was: Soundtrack of My Life. We were to talk about a memorable song that brings you back to that memory. So many to choose from, but this is one I wanted to scrap:
This layout is in reference to our 2nd date. Dave took me to his hunting cabin on our 2nd date, we grabbed a hoagie and away we went. During the ride Dave sang to me the song by Neil Young and Crazy Horse 'Farmer John'. One of the lyrics that has always stuck with me is: I'm in love with your daughter, Yeah the one with the Champagne Eyes. He said my eyes sparkle that night...
I used the sketch from Stick it Down for my layout:

Isn't this a fantasticsketch for one photo :)
I also will be including the layout in Counterfeit Kit Challenge #3 Adding color through embellishments
 This is our very first picture taken together, not that night but within the first few months of meeting. This was alot of fun putting together and I enjoyed digging out the few heart pieces I had saved back for the layout. A lot of things from the current CKC and the extras that were in the envelope with the picture. The red stripe was a last minute addition to the kit, but it was in last month's too and it worked out so well for this layout. The red glittered heart must be a cricut cut, I've had it in my stash a long time.
I also added a hidden journaling tag, to add some personal words about the date.
A tag from a journal pack talking about the song and a bit about our date :)
And the title, pulled that ribbon from my stash but the rest is from the kit.
Thanks for stopping by today to see what I'm doing in my little corner of the world.
Tomorrow will bring 2 more posts a Card A Day Blog post and Day 9 of Load514.



16 comments:

  1. oh wow... what a great memory captured! Love that heart flourish...perfect for you two and your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome layout Tina! I love that you made a layout of your second date with hubby. I also love that you have a song to connect with it, so cool! Love that you put open journaling and some hidden journaling. This is a great keepsake and I adore it!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...such a sweet story and a wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous moment to document.I like your layout,especially that bright red flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great memory and glad you documented it. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty layout !!!! Wonderful memory captured in a beautiful layout !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the sketch. thanks for playing along with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on our sketch! Thank you for sharing with us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. la foto รจ dolcissima! come il LO, grazie per aver giocato con SID

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page! Love the flourish. Thanks for joining us at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun on the layout!
    Thanks for sharing at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout - love the colourful embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely that you have such a strong memory of that second date and the song lyrics have stuck in your mind! A great interpretation of the sketch and use of romantic colours on your page!

    ReplyDelete