Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sister Same Joy layout

Hi you all and welcome to another day and another Load514 layout. This layout was done on Sunday with the prompt: Dear Santa. The thoughts behind it were to talk about Santa, pictures with Santa, maybe traditions, favorite gift, wildest gift, and so on. I know all my early childhood pictures like that got lost shortly after my 1st marriage, but while I have been looking through Mom's old slides I came across a few that struck me for a layout:
My sister at 10 years old (upper corner) and me at 5 years old, both Christmas Day and both dressed in a Nurse's uniform just different years. My sister and I have very few things in common but I take it we had more in common as young girls than as adults.
 I used a few different borders for this layout and lots of recycling. The Dec 25 pattern paper was on a gift to my husband this past year and since the theme is Santa thought it would work perfect for the layout and the Joy tag came off one of Hubby's gifts this past year too (the tag I made prior to Christmas) I just added the extra lettering and the yellow ribbon. The doily peaking out just a wee bit for texture and that gives me Tic Tac Toe for a challenge over at Sketch and Scrap blog (birthday month for them) but this particular challenge is actually being held at one of the designer blogs at Scrapbooking-for the love of paper. Also added a presents border to tie in with the theme of the gifts received.
 The upper block has 2 pictures of my sister, Mom would have taken the pictures (sometimes she would get our faces sometimes not so much) if she only knew how popular that would become :) I'm wondering if the outfit came with the Barbie she gotten or as a separate gift that you could get to look like your favorite Barbie.
 The lower block is me, as you can see Mom did well taking these. These slides didn't translate so well to digital format, but at this time this is what I got. So I got 2 cool gifts Christmas morning by the way it looks. Dressed as a nurse I made sure everyone was okay in the house, my brother Steve and my Dad got checked over. Added some masking tape to both sets of pictures, this tape I found in my stash and the journaling card (recollections:Laugh journal pad) both came from my current counterfeit kit.
The paper itself is from a gift I got from my sister-in-law a few Christmas' ago. It's from the DCWV Christmas & Winter Rhinestone stack. I wanted the layout on something other than red and green and with needing yellow for the challenge this worked.

Thanks for stopping by today, this Load514 has been a lot of fun so far and has brought back so many memories for me and stories that may have never been told.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nurse Tina! So wonderful to pop over and see your take on my Tic Tac Toe challenge, what a great page! I especially love the off white doily for texture and the embellished tag. I'm sure your dad felt so much better after you had administered your care! I hope you find time to join in the other challenges during Sketch N Scraps Birthday Bash. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry :) I'm gonna to give a try to do the other challenges too. Didn't know that this one and scrap your stash were sister blogs no wonder I like them both. Had a blast at that party and expect to have a blast at this one too.

      Delete
  2. I love those nurses uniforms.I had one as well so did my sister.
    Your pennants look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tina, what a fabulous layout!! I love the pictures and you in your nurses uniforms. I also love how you used recycle things on this layout. The details are just amazing!! You look like you a great nurse! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting pairing ... lovely to scrap about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! I love all the texture and the tag you added. These pictures tell such a wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed everything about this - so much that was upcycled, especially the tag! Very clever

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab story behind the layout!

    ReplyDelete